December 16, 2005

Finals

I really need to learn to get into the habit of posting here. So this week has been finals week. So most people hate finals week, ok, so every one does, but some more than others. Anyway, many people stress out, hole themselves up and study 24/7 this week, only coming out to take a test. That seems excessive to me, but I am relaxed and am willing to take a small grade hit for the sake of my sanity. So for me that is not the worst part. The worst part is the lack destressing hanging out. It doesn't matter how close you are to someone, because when finals week comes along, you might as well not exist. And then, to make things worse, finals week is also your last chance to see them before they go home for break. Often hundreds or even thousands of miles away. So yea, I don't like finals week.

Anyway, about my finals, I have 5 with only one more to go. And here is the 5 round battle with them:

8am, Wednesday Dec. 14
Going into round 1 I went in confident, this was and opponent that I know and have beaten before. Just got to count some atoms and transfer some heat. Things were going good until I got near the end. A logarithmic equation distracted me while time snuck up and got me hard in the back. Blast!! When all was said and done I came in in the bottom 3rd of the troops.

1:30pm, Wednesday Dec. 14
Round 2. Another one I know well, hopefully I can make up for the last battle. I started off fast, time did not stand a chance against me in this one. Again, felt like I was winning up until near the end. I got tripped up by a few signs and I almost recovered when suddenly the battlefield switched to POLAR COORDINATES!! Had to quickly try to re learn how to move. Before it was over I got a good hit on the last enemy but he may have given me the slip. Will find out when they count the casualties.

8am, Thursday Dec. 15
This opponent has proven tough in the past. He really makes you think but is predictable so if you watch carefully you can get him. Yes, he used his simpler move set, piece o' cake. But wait, what is the, surely that is not possible? Teleporting from one place to another? Have to through a blind stone and hope it hits. Asked the organizer later and it wasn't possible, he cheated. Ha!!! Got you this time.

7pm, Thursday Dec. 15
Round 4 I knew was going to be my toughest opponent yet. But with the written battle plans I get to use in the field I should be ok. Blood drawn before the battle even started....this is not a good sign. When the battle began I thought there was hope but then I found that the battle plans were missing key pieces of information that I had forgotten to look up before hand. Well there it went. Had to just try and minimize the damage. Barely made it out alive.

Round 5 will be 8am, Saturday Dec. 17.


I wrote a better commentary earlier but I seem to have lost it. Ah well. And the above is why I don't write, as you can see, I am incapable of keeping my tenses right. I apologize for the pain it may bring while reading it. Well bed time. Tomorrow is an errand day.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home